Are you travelling to Japan for the rugby this autumn? Find out what to see and do, where to stay and eat, from this comprehensive guide to all 12 Japanese host cities. With up-to-date information about sights, accommodation, travel options and fun things to do in all 12 cities and nearby, this book will help you plan and enjoy your trip.
Find unique experiences:
- Watch a master swordsmith forging a katana in his workshop in Arao
- Try a bullet train simulator at the Railway Museum in Saitama
- Take part in a tea ceremony at traditional Japanese garden Hama-Rikyū
- Watch sumo wrestlers compete in the ring at the Grand Tournament in Tokyo
- See endangered baby turtles released into the sea at the Nakatajima Sand Dunes
- Sleep on a futon mattress on the tatami floor of a traditional ryokan
- Lean over the railing (wearing a safety harness) of Japan’s tallest building, the 300 metre tall Abeno Harukas tower
- Drink coffee brewed by a robot at Tokyo’s Henn na Café in Shibuya
- Watch mechanised karakuri dolls move atop ornate festival floats at the Arimatsu Festival
- Sample three different types of draft beer at the free Asahi Brewery Tour
This guidebook will tell you how to:
- choose accommodation
- book and use discount travel passes
- connect to free wifi
- order the local specialities
- enjoy a Japanese hot spring bath
- visit local festivals and events
About the author:
Bori is a writer living in London. She has been to Japan four times so far, spending several months in total travelling this amazing country on buses, bullet trains, planes and bicycles, from the neon lit urban canyons of Tokyo to the tropical islands south of Kyūshū, off the beaten path. She would love to share all she’s learnt on her trips with you, dear reader, and help you plan your own adventures.
10% of all profits from the sale of this book are donated to Tokyo-based charity Little Ones working to alleviate child poverty by supporting single parents. Read more about their award-winning work here.